We also provide training workshops to parents, teachers and other professional for the betterment of children in developing as a successful individual. IMPACT has been running training workshops for the past many years. Our trainings are conducted in two phases.
- Basic Level: This workshop is an informational workshop intended for school faculty. It presents information on learning disabilities, classroom management, classroom functioning and confidence building. The workshop will provide teachers with the necessary knowledge needed for helping specific children in classrooms as well as new insight to improve overall functioning of their classrooms.
- Advanced Level: This workshop is the second part of the Basic Level workshop and is designed to offer various techniques, protocols and activities that will help in raising classroom productivity on both individual and collective levels.
- Individual Family: This is a private workshop that is created for an individual family focusing on their specific needs and goals. The overall aim is to bring families closer together by tackling problems through an assorted arrangement of sessions, activities and exercises.
- Parent Group: A workshop that is created for parents who have children with learning disabilities or who seem to struggle in school or other aspects of their lives. This is a great way for parents to share strategies and communicate with one another while taking part in our planned program. Many people have found this workshop to act as a support group which offers them a significant amount of help and insight.
IMPACT has been involved with different institutes and schools for teachers’ and parents’ training. These are;
- Lahore American School – professional development training workshops for parents and teachers on a regular basis
- Beaconhouse Lahore: A two day workshop was designed for senior teachers and headmistresses from different branches. The topic was “Awareness of different learning disabilities and ways to cope with them”.
- Azam Garrison School – One day workshop on bringing awareness of ADHD and other behavioral issues to the whole school staff
- First-Steps school – Faisalabad – one day training with parents of children to bring awareness about learning difficulties and behavioral issues
- TNS – Beaconhouse school project: Teacher’s training for the awareness of behavioral issues and ways to tackle them
- Organized a 3 day training workshop with ‘READ – Dyslexia’ Karachi. The topic was: “Reading Difficulties, Writing skills, and Spellings”.
- Organized a 3 day training workshop on ‘Hypnotherapy training program – Level 1
Psychological counseling aims to help people who seek help in order to manage their road blocks to general well-being. These road blocks can be seen as thinking patterns, behavioral and emotional issues that can lead to psychological and physical ill health.
Who can benefit from Counseling?
Anyone, anywhere of any age can seek this help; as for example people suffering from anxiety or depression, having adjustment issues, family conflicts, personality problems or day to day issues of either personal or work life. When the help from family or friends does not prove to be enough, one needs this help; where they can be heard and understood in a non-judgmental way and be given unconditional regard for whatever their problems are. Psychological counselors are experts in the art of listening and have skills to help people explore their concerns, to help them make sense of complex issues and to find a better way of living happily.
IMPACT deals with adults as well as children having different problems such as bullying, shyness, hyperactivity etc.
What kinds of problems can it help?
Psychological counseling helps with a broad range of individual problems. Psychological counselors are trained in modern psychological methods to help you resolve fears, panic and anxieties, and to help you break through depression or other forms of sadness.
Psychological Counseling is especially suitable to help you with the following:
- Deal with stress, anxiety and other day to day pressures
- Handle crises in relationships
- Cope with continuing family problems
- Help with decision making
- Personality problems
- Break through depression and sadness
- Manage teenage issues; break-ups, emotional attachments, self-image and self-esteem etc
- Confidence building and personality grooming
- Bullying and harassment in school and at work
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Performance anxiety
As regards IMPACT’s ethics, we assure strict confidentiality of all clients and their issues. All therapy and counseling sessions are conducted by trained Clinical Psychologists.